In the time it took you read this sentence, 20 Million emails were written!
If you are a slow reader, maybe even more!
Question about Email Use
- How many emails do YOU send per day. 10? 20? 50? 500? Yes you!
Yes this includes quick replies, personal and work related.
- Please respond in comments below as well as take our polls!
(You may need to return later to see more results!)
- 144.8 Emails are sent worldwide per day
- 3.3 Billion registered email accounts as of 2012
- 11.2 Hours – Average time spent reading & answering emails per week
- 90 Million Americans access email through a mobile device
- 27% of all emails are opened on a mobile device
- 65% of all emails sent are spam
My day usually tends to start (and at times end) with me checking my email on a tablet or a laptop. If its not work-related emails, its personal emails. I do a lot of freelance work so email is usually my primary source of comms.
PS. That stat about spam mail being ‘only’ 65% of all email sent throughout the world surprised me – because if I’m not mistaken, this number was around or close to 90% not too long ago!
65% of all of those spam comments give an average of 13 spam emails per person I wonder who makes up my average. I usually tend to send out few emails per week but I check them everyday – mainlt to check for emails send by other bloggers I’ve subscribed to.