Benefits of CommentLuv Premium: SEO & Community
First of all, I thank every one of you for visiting Clean Cut Media and double thanks to those who contribute to the discussion through commments! You are what makes this blog go and keeps me motivated to continue.
We are now testing out a new commenting system called CommentLuv Premium. It’s called CommentLuv because it shows “love” to those who leave comments by allowing them to leave a link back to one of their own blog entries. In theory (and through the testimony of many prominent bloggers), over time this should increase blog traffic as well as increase engagement on the site. It gives incentive for the “LURKERS” (people who read but never contribute) to actually leave a response. It also attracts bloggers from other blogs to come leave a comment. It also gives visitors incentive to “like” our facebook page or “+1” our content. (Go Like our facebook page!!)
CommentLuv Premium is an EXCELLENT piece of plugin. If you are a blogger, go to the link below and check it out. It’s on sale for a limited time!
The CONS of CommentLuv Premium Plugin
The only downside is that many visitors will now come simply to try to add their links, try to draw in visitors but most of all to get “link juice.” A link what? In the world of SEO (search engine optimization), a link to your site in essence gives your site a vote of confidence in the eyes of the search engines. It gives your site more credibility. When super simplified, Google assumes that if people are linking to your content, it is because they like it. Thus the more links you got, the better. The more links you have from STRONG sites with high “pagerank” (a score determined by Google), the better. Our site at the moment is a solid PR 4, so I expect a lot of spam from those seeking to get links to their site. Luckily CommentLuv has a great spam filter built in.
But because of this, some house rules that were always in place but thought I’d share…
Commentluv Comment House Rules
1) MODERATION: Every comment here is moderated. When you Comment, it’s put into moderation to be reviewed before going live.
2) NAME: You must leave a LEGITIMATE name. If you put in names of your products or particular keywords you want to stuff in there, it will not be approved. (ex. Brian = Good, Internet Games Online = Not Good)
3) URL: It must be a good, clean site. Get rich sites, inappropriate sites, arbitrage sites, or any site that I wouldn’t want any of our users to visit will be removed.
4) COMMENT: Hey SEO guys, it’s really easy to spot spammers. More than 1 URL link? Disapproved. Nonsensical Comment? Disapproved. Comments clearly written by some outsourced company who does not speak english? Disapproved. Keyword stuffing into comment? Disapproved. Any links to pharmacy products or get rich schemes? Disapproved. Comments that say absolutely nothing but “Good Post” “Informative post” coupled with a keyword stuffed URL? Disapproved.
Basically, leave a real name, a good comment and there is nothing to worry about.
Examples of Bad Comments
Might as well have our readers learn a little about commenting! Here are some examples of bad spam comments that is supposed to be “sneaky” but then on a second look is obviously random.
POST: Siri Humor
– Comment: “insightful, made me think a lot…”
– Response: this is not a thought provoking article.. it’s a bunch of screenshots of hilarious siri responses to funny questions. This comment is obviously a canned answers pasted through automated bots or by cheap SEO services using cheap tricks to put up links.
POST: Sept 11, 2001 – Remembering 9/11
– Comment: “You certainly understand how to keep a readers amused. Between your wit as well as your videos, I was nearly moved to start my own blog (well, almostHaHa!) Congrats. I truly loved what you needed to state, and more than that, the way you offered it. Too awesome!”
– Response: First of all, this comment is so poorly written. This is written by someone outside of the country. Secondly this post was about 9/11, it was a very SERIOUS post. This comment is utterly inappropriate, but it makes sense because no one had read the article. Again just bot or a mindless comment eager to get a link.
More Fun Fake Blog Comments
Lot of these remind me of those non-sense sentences written in asian stationaries :). I left small commentaries on each one. Enjoy!
“No matter the ending is perfect or not, you cannot disappear from my world.”
– Yes… so true.. I think
“Hello, I just wanted to tell you, I disagree. Your post doesn’t make any sense.”
– So what did you disagree? You don’t make any sense…
“Very energetic post, I liked that bit. Will there be a part 2?”
– Energetic post.. nice
“Incredible quest there. What occurred after? Take care!”
– One quest is enough for me.
“This video post is really great, the echo quality and the picture feature of this video post is in fact amazing.”
– Especially when there is no videos in the post. Echo quality?
“Hurrah, that’s what I was exploring for, what a information! present here at this weblog, thanks admin of this web page.”
– “what a information”… what?! “weblog”… who says weblog?
“Hello, every time i used to check webpage posts here in the early hours in the break of day, for the reason that i enjoy to gain knowledge of more and more.”
– sounds like a bad parable..
“Hello to all, for the reason that I am genuinely eager of reading this web site’s post to be updated daily. It includes pleasant material.”
“I every time emailed this website post page to all my friends, for the reason that if like to read it next my contacts will too.”
– I every time think.. I understand, so I read it and so my contacts will understand and think a posting.
“Hi there, I want to subscribe for this blog to obtain most up-to-date updates, so where can i do it please assist.”
– This one is very sneaky!!! but it’s not legitimate.
“Hi there, after reading this awesome post i am too cheerful to share my familiarity here with friends.”
– Too cheerful to share your familiarity? Oh COME ON!
- Anyone else has hilarious examples of comments left in your spam folder? Share below! (please remove all links and no inappropriate words)
- How has your experience been with CommentLuv?
For bloggers interested in CommentLuv, Click the Image on Right.