Internet Use & Depression Statistics
This has to be the ugliest, most mind draining infographic ever made. However, the statistics are interesting a relevant so put on your thinking caps, take off your creative sensibilities and check out the statistics below! Highlights written out for the faint of heart.
Statistics: How the Internet is Ruining Your Brain
- 35 Billion: Collective hours we spend on the internet per month
- 3x: We consume 3x more information than the 60s’ (not that I would know)
- 61%: Admit to being addicted to the Internet (that means either you or I are addicted. It’s you… i think)
Multitasking the Internet
- Frequency: We Change Windows/Check Email/Programs more than once every 2 minutes
- Avg Tabs Open: See chart below. It’s a lot. How many do you have open right now!
Google is Great, but makes you Dumb
- 7.2 Billion: # of times we collectively visit Google per day
- 3 Billion: # of queries we collectively make per day
Social Networking – Growing # of “Friends”
- 8 Hours: # of hours a month we spend on Facebook
- 245: Avg # of Friends
- 73.2%: Percentage of those friends we really know
- 4%: Percentage that we would actually hang out with
Internet Causing Happiness or Depression?
- Heavy internet users are 2.5x more likely to be depressed (chicken & egg?)
Share Your Thoughts
Use your brain a bit.
Seriously Google makes it so easy to look up information as it is needed. How did we live without Google back in the day? Hmm… can’t remember. I better Google it…
- How many tabs do YOU have open?
- Do you agree the Internet is causing some bad mojo?
- Does your head hurt from trying to read this infographic?